Choosing The Right Pest Control Company
There’s no time to lose if pests have started invading your AZ home. Choosing the best pest control company to get to the root of the problem quickly is imperative, but you also want to do the research first to ensure you have chosen a reputable provider. Check out these tips on how to choose the best pest control company in Phoenix AZ, whether you have an infestation of earwigs, hornets or spiders.
Take the Time to Research
It’s important to take immediate action the moment you uncover a pest infestation. That being said, a lot of problems can usually wait a day or two while you start your research on the best company to deal with in Phoenix AZ and surrounding areas. Compile a list of at least three companies and call each. Ask how many years they have been in business, ask for a free quote, and read reviews online about the company. Only then should you narrow down the list to the most experienced, reputable, and reasonably priced pest control technician in Mesa AZ.
Ask the Right Questions
When interviewing each company, be armed with a list of detailed questions you can ask them. The answers you get will help you make the most informed decision possible.
Q: Can you provide me with references?
A: Most pest control providers should feel comfortable sharing a list of past happy customers who can vouch for them in terms of service, prices and successful projects. If they can’t or won’t give you such a list, move on to the next provider on the list. Then be sure to contact each reference to find out if they were satisfied with the level of service they received. Most importantly, would they hire them again?
Q: How many years of experience do you have at that location?
A: You ultimately want to choose a provider with several years of experience removing pests in the Phoenix AZ area. Being local, they should possess an intimate knowledge of the bugs, pests and critters that are common to the area and are able to recommend the best treatment possible for your level of infestation. Once you have asked about experience, follow that up by reading reviews, checking them out on the BBB, and asking friends and family which providers they recommend.
Q: Are your technicians licensed and certified?
A: It’s important to find out about the qualifications of the technicians working for the pest control company. Make sure they are licensed, with all the proper certifications and training courses in the latest techniques, applications and products.
Most pest control companies in Phoenix AZ are reputable, but this doesn’t mean there aren’t a few that try to get away with things. In order to not become a victim of a scam, keep these tips in mind. Don’t deal with companies that:
- Offer pest control as part of a package deal, such as landscaping, tree trimming, or general home repair. You only want someone who specializes solely in pest control.
- Offer a lowball price if you hire them on the spot.
- Ask for cash up front before the job is even done.
- Can’t provide a telephone number, or have one that’s not listed.
- Don’t provide their IDs or that tries to sell services door-to-door. This is a telltale sign of scams against the elderly and infirm.
- Show up on your door step unexpectedly, saying there’s a neighborhood pest problem. Some will even show you insects that they have “collected” as evidence.
- Pressure you into agreeing to or signing a contract right then and there. They may tell you your home is structurally unsound and may collapse eventually without fast treatment.
- Tell you they have a “secret formula” for eradicating pests. Remember: all pesticide products must be registered with the EPA and the State Departments of Agriculture, with pesticide labels featuring a list of active ingredients.
On top of doing your homework, you should also make sure you feel comfortable with the provider you hire. Having a good rapport is key, as you need to feel comfortable calling them and asking questions when needed. Trust is a big part of all business relationships, and feeling good about the decision you’ve made is a critical component.
Have Questions About Pest Control?
Make the smart choice and give Frontino a call. You won’t regret making the decision to hire us for exceptional pest control in Phoenix AZ and surrounding areas. Contact us for a free quote and inspection at 602-338-9223.