Pizza Shops Do Not Have To Live With Pests
If you own a pizza shop, you know the importance of keeping pests like insects and mice out of your place of business. Not only can they contaminate food, they can get people sick, cause you to pay big fines, and take a hit to your reputation. That’s the last thing you need as a business owner trying to make a living day in and day out.
Look to a trusted Mesa pest control technician for regular inspections and preventive treatments to ensure your pizzeria remains pest free all year round. Follow these tips as a restaurant owner who wants to keep their establishment clean and pest free at all times.
Interior Pest Control Solutions
To deter pests from invading your pizza shop, you need to engage in regular cleaning and sanitizing, not to mention prompt cleaning of spills and messes. Concentrate on:
- Trash Cans : Make sure all cans have lids, and always use liners. Take out the trash often and clean the inside of the can daily to get rid of spills and drips.
- Dining and Food Prep Areas: Wipe down tables and seats, as well as the floors underneath after each diner leaves. Mop up all crumbs, drips, and splashes on tables, equipment and wait stations.
- Storage Area: Keep dry food in sealed containers so rodents and other pests can’t get in. Store those bins of food six inches or more off the ground and at least a foot away from walls so you can easily clean behind and around them.
- Floor Drains: Floor drains attract flies and other pests that will use that area to breed. Check under drain grates for loose debris and clean the drain often.
Exterior Pest Control Solutions
There are key problem areas in regards to outdoor pests. Clean these areas every day to eliminate current pests and prevent new ones from proliferating.
- Entrances and Exits: Keep windows and doors closed when possible, but for areas such as drive-through windows and receiving departments that have frequently-opening windows and doors, install air curtains to keep out the bugs and door sweeps to keep out the rodents.
- Lighting: Many insects love the warmth exuded by exterior lighting. To deter them, install UV light bug zappers or put out glue traps to lure in insects. You don’t want to use too much, though, or you risk turning off your customers and guests. If you have exterior lighting used for nighttime dining, don’t aim it directly on your establishment if you can. Install fixtures further away from your pizza shop and point them at doorways.
- Dumpsters: Dumpsters and similar trash receptacles not only attract pests but can be a real eyesore when you don’t maintain them. Select an appropriate size dumpster that won’t result in overflow. Hose down the surrounding area, making sure there is access to a nearby drain.
In conclusion, the top restaurant pests include cockroaches, rodents, and flies, so stopping their spread is imperative to keep people safe and ensure a continued successful livelihood.
Commercial Pest Control For Restaurants
Here at Frontino, our Phoenix exterminators offer regular preventive and proactive pest control programs designed specifically for commercial businesses like pizza shops. To learn more, contact us/a> at 602-338-9223.