Pigeon Control in Phoenix
Pigeons are seemingly everywhere, from public parks and parking lots to downtown areas and river banks. While there’s nothing you can do about that, there is something you can do when they cross the line between public and private property. If pigeons are invading your home or business property, causing a nuisance with their presence and their droppings, you need pigeon control in Phoenix.
Not only are pigeons annoying, they harbor several infectious diseases in the form of fungi and bacteria. Because they travel long distances throughout the day, they can easily carry and transmit disease such as histoplasmosis, psittacosis, ornithosis and tuberculosis.
Here at Frontino, we can install pigeon control products such as spikes or netting to block pigeons from getting back to the area they have chosen to roost, perch or nest.
In the meantime, check out our pigeon control guide for what to look for and how to prevent them.
What to Look For
Here are some signs that you have a pigeon invasion on your hands.
- Birds: Regular sightings of flocks of 20 to 30 pigeons around your business or home equals a bird invasion.
- Bird noises: You will hear pigeon coos, which is a sound they produce to communicate with one another. The chicks are particularly noisy because they are seeking food from their parents and are always hungry. Pigeons also make noises when flapping their wings, landing on rooftops, and rummaging through trash cans.
- Bird droppings: Bird droppings often accumulate directly below roosting and nesting areas. They like to nest in high places to stay out of the wind and rain and away from predators. Thus, they seek refuge in covered ledges, under bridges, and on steeples.
Causes and Prevention
From property damage to parasites that hitch a ride on their feathers (ticks, fleas, mites), pigeons have no place sharing your business or home. They will build their nests with anything
they can find in the area, such as trash. Keep trash covered and empty it frequently. Here are some other things you can do to prevent them from becoming a problem.
First, you can make roosting areas unappealing. Here are some suggestions.
- Install anti-roosting spike strips on window sills and ledges.
- Tie a string across roosting areas so landing is uncomfortable for them.
- Install sloping covers on window sills and ledges.
- Do not feed them because they will keep coming back.
- Get rid of food sources by properly sealing trash.
Next, you can seal all possible entry points.
- Seal the attic or place metal wire mesh over holes.
- Cap chimneys.
- Surround nesting areas with mesh or netting.
Lastly, you can do the following to keep them out of your garden.
- Spray them with a hose.
- Install a scarecrow.
- Use reflective surfaces.
- Protect sheds with netting.
- Guard the bird feeders.
If all else fails, hire a professional bird control technician in Mesa AZ. Here at Frontino, we can install pigeon control products such as spikes or netting to block pigeons from getting back to the area they have chosen to roost, perch or nest.
Common Pigeons in Phoenix
There are many pigeon and dove species living in Maricopa County, and they include:
- Rock Pigeon
- Band-tailed Pigeon
- Mourning Dove
- Eurasian Collared-Dove
- Inca Dove
- White-winged Dove
- Common Ground-Dove
No matter which type it is, general bird control measures such as spikes and netting will work.
Pigeon Control in Phoenix, AZ
The team at Frontino can employ many extensive bird control measures, from spikes to netting, to control the pigeon population in your yard or business. Contact us for a free quote on pigeon control in Mesa Scottsdale and Phoenix, Arizona area at 602-338-9223.